Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thursday - August 9

Recap:

The day started off continuing our heated vocabulary game. With a turn around victory, B group proudly prevailed! Afterwards we went right into our expert literacy circle roles and followed up with the two best presentations. During the second component of the class, we made Bio Poems about Ponyboy and talked about expectations for the group projects tomorrow and the peer evaluation rubrics.

Bio Poem Guidelines


Line 1: His first name only
Line 2: 4 traits that describe him
Line 3: Daughter/Son of~OR Sibling of~
Line 4: Who loves~(3 items, places, or people)
Line 5: Who feels~(3 items)
Line 6: Who needs~(3 items)
Line 7: Who gives~(3 items)
Line 8: Who fears~(3 items)
Line 9: Who would like to see~(3 items)
Line 10: Who lives in~
Line 11: His last name only

   

  

  




Chapter Eight Questions


1. How does what the doctor first says, on page 119, foreshadow Johnny's condition?
2. “We needed Johnny as much as he needed the gang. And for the same reason... " (p.121) What do you think Pony means, and what is the reason?
3. What does Pony mean on p.123 when he says, “We could get along without anyone but Johnny?”
4. If Darry didn't have Soda and Pony, why would he be a Soc?
5. What does Cherry mean when she says Bob "wasn't just anyone” on p.129?

Homework

  • Finishing/Practicing Group Project Presentation and filling out peer evaluation rubric (posted below)
  • Read Chapter 9
  • Chapter 8 Questions (Above)
  • Tidy up reflection journals for collection tomorrow


P.S. All videos will be posted to the site in their respective sections this weekend, in case you were wondering ;-D

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Mr. Justin Ouellette! My name is Kyung Hye, Hur. I want to say I'm really sorry first, beacause I told you something wrong. I knew that I will arrive at Korea monday morning by sunday night plane. However, my mother told me a little while ago that we will go Korea at monday night, so our family will arrive at Korea tuesday mornig. I apologize that I tell you wrong information and I want to discuss with you about my group presentation. Also, I will send you my Literacy circle reflection and answer of each chapter question to you by e-mail until friday night. Please send me e-mail.

    ReplyDelete