Today started off with a recap of the weekend's reading followed by discussion of our chapter review questions. Shortly afterward, we went into our literacy circle groupings and voted on our two best presentations (below).
In the second block, we looked at how Ponyboy's impression of the Socs and Greasers had changed in our journals and had a few students share their insights. We concluded our second last class together with a challenging, group-based, oral language vocabulary quiz to settle our current draw!
Tae Young's Character Next Door
Seo Yeon's Character Impression
- Read final chapter and complete questions below
- Final literacy circle job
- Bring USB drive - optional (movie)
Chapter 12 Questions:
- What circumstances did Ponyboy's teacher refer to? What circumstances does Ponyboy think his teacher is referring to?
- Why doesn't Ponyboy feel scared when the Socs approach him and he threatens them with a broken bottle(p.170-171)? How is this a dramatic change from the Ponyboy we have seen up until this point? Was there anything odd about Pony's behavior?
- What does Darry mean he says,"You don't just stop living because you lose someone?" (p.173)
- How do we know Sandy didn't love Soda as much as he loved her? (p.174)
- Explain how Darry and Ponyboy play tug of war with Soda.
- What kind of guy is rare? (p. 178)
- What do we learn was so special about Johnny? (p.178)
- What does Ponyboy end up doing for his English assignment?
- Where is the climax?
- Why the title of the book? Who is the biggest Outsider of them all and why?